Friday, September 23, 2011

Introduction

Fellow countrymen,

In general I hate blogs, I just don't like the idea of blogging as such. It might just be because I'm rather old-fashioned, after all, I don't even trust lifts, so how can Google expect me to put complete faith in something so ridiculously new and exciting as a blog?
However, I have been at least partially won over and though I still don't believe Google follows its own rule ('don't be evil'), I am willing try out this newfangled technology. Anyway, here is a list of things I will and will not do with my blog:

1) I will not constantly update the blog with stupid, menial information about my daily life because no one cares, least of all me.

2) Today I went to the cinema.

3) I will try and make all my posts interesting to my target audience. The only problem with this is that I don't really have a target audience yet, because I don't have an audience at all, but I hope that will come in time.

4) I will not write in any language other than English, and will aim to avoid Americanisms because they have already gotten me into trouble with the grammar police (yes, they exist).

5) I will not write meaningless one sentence blog posts for no reason.

6) I will not sell out to advertisers.

7) TINKER TAILOR SOLDIER SPY - IN CINEMAS NOW.

8) I will never, ever use excessive exclamation marks or 'text speak'!!!!! LOL, JKS

9) I will stop making lame jokes.

Good night and good luck,

Paul Norris.

1 comment:

  1. I ran this through a 'Gender Genie' piece of software and it said that it was 80% female in writing style. I don't really know whether to be annoyed or worried...

    ReplyDelete