I've tried to learn three different types of coding: some kind of BASIC (in a Technology lesson); Pascal and HTML (although that wasn't all that hard) with various levels of success. So why would I want to learn to code an entirely different language? I've already forgotten Pascal and I have no idea what I'm supposed to use BASIC for. As for HTML, writing my blog posts in pure HTML is an unwanted hassle.
However, a website advertises that it is teaching people to learn JavaScript. JavaScript is not the same as Java! This is a mistake I'm sure I have made many times, calling Java 'JavaScript' because it's a longer, clever-sounding word, when in fact Java is far harder to code. Anyway, back to this website. At the time of writing, 334,897 people have signed up to learn to write JavaScript, including my coding teacher. However, is there any point in learning this coding language? Well... unless you want to program 'dynamic tasks' (no, I'm not quite sure what that means either) then it's pretty useless.
And to be honest, all I'm going to code anytime soon is HTML and CSS, so I didn't go that far with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment